What About Me?

Friday, August 19, 2011
WHAT ABOUT ME

















































Last week I decided to shoot my university work and a few garments part of my 'Dead on the Sidewalk' collection featuring jewellery by Nick Von K.
With photographer Sam Copeland and model Fiona Lamont, we were bound to get some beautiful shots as I hope you agree. The first garment was the first dress I ever made, a cocktail dress inspired by the 1950's. The shoes I am using are my own custom designed 'hoof' shoes. The second and third garments are both from my resort 2011 collection 'Dead on the Sidewalk' featuring jewellery by New Zealand designer, Nick Von K. The fourth gown is my latest piece, 'Americanna', inspired by America in the 17th/18th century and the mix of fabrics. And the fifth garment, which I completed a year ago was inspired by Scottish designer Bill Gibb. The Textile design was by designer Kate Bell.





www.samcopeland.co.uk

www.nvk.co.nz


www.jaimecjohnstone.blogspot.com